The Eastern-most Province brings some amazing qualities with it. Living in Newfoundland has more than its fair share of perks. Building your own home in Newfoundland can be a truly amazing and life changing experience. Let us help you choose from the great local Newfoundland home builders so that you get the perfect home for your family.
When is it a good time to build a home in Newfoundland?
There are a lot of factors that influence the housing market in each province, and Newfoundland is no different. Building your home and working with a Newfoundland home builder is an exciting process, but is it right for you? Here are some thing to consider:
- Safety: Do you want your home to be built with the most current safety regulations?
- Financial security: Is it important to have warranties and minimal upkeep on your new home?
- Customizations: Do you want to have control over finishings and layouts of your home?
- Truly Yours: Is being the first person to live in your home important?
- No Hassle: Is it important to be able to get your dream home the first time? No long negotiations or losing offers.
Newfoundland Home Builders: Where do they build?
The short answer is all over Newfoundland and Labrador. The long answer is that it depends on the builder and the type of home that you want. There are many home builders that also develop land and communities. These companies will usually build within one of their communities and often have production style homes that you can choose from. These communities are often within the subrubs of urban cities, or in the case of Newfoundland, St. John’s.
That said, there are many Newfoundland home builders that build in rural areas and plenty that will build on any lot that you own or want. Many will even help you acquire the land so that you can build it all into your mortgage.
When building in Newfoundland, how much should I expect to pay?
There is no real right answer to this as every builder is different, every home is different, and every location is different. However, from the builders we have looked at and chatted with, at the bare minimum you should expect $200,000 and the upper limit will depend on many factors including the location, style of home, size, and finishings.